The year is coming to a close… and in looking back at 2008 (quite a challenging fall and winter in the world of work) and looking ahead at the New Year, here are some thoughts:
1. Tough times manifest themselves in many ways. Bad behaviors (such as territorialism or bullying) can be amplified when bosses are stressed or panicked.
2. When your boss is giving you a hard time, remember, we’re all human. Try to understand the root causes of your boss’s behavior. You’ll have a better chance at working towards a solution if you know what’s behind the problem.
3. A job is not a guarantee, and certainly not today. But employees who have a positive spirit and a desire to work with their boss will always have the best chances for success.
4. Even in a down economy, the American workforce continues to impress with their courage and determination to do its best work.
5. The job market is cyclical. Things may get worse, but “this too shall pass.” Hang in there!
So… farewell to 2008 and welcome to 2009. There are a lot of exciting things happening at tameyourTOT.com and the TOT blog. Keep watching for news, and remember, I’m here to help.